Sautéed Scallops with Red Quinoa and Zucchini
This light dish is a perfect summer recipe, offering lots of lean protein and fiber. Additionally, this fresh seafood dish takes less than a half hour to make and is full of flavor, vitamins and minerals. Feeling like having a barbecue? Ditch the skillet and grill the zucchini and scallops outside for an even more summer-y flavor!
Ingredients (serves 2):
8 large scallops, raw (about 3/4 pound)
1/2 C quinoa, dry
1 C low sodium vegetable broth
1 zucchini, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
3/4 tsp paprika
dash ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Prepare quinoa as directed on box, replacing water with low-sodium vegetable broth, except cut the recipe in half (use 1/2 C dry quinoa with 1 C low-sodium vegetable broth).
2. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add scallops and top with seasonings (paprika, salt, pepper). Cook approximately 15 minutes, flipping each scallop after about 8 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and sauté until browned, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Add quinoa to skillet with zucchini. Combine and remove from heat.
5. Divide quinoa and zucchini mixture on two plates and place 4 scallops on top of each plate. Enjoy!
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 471 calories, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Carbohydrates 36 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 48 g, Sodium 609 mg, Calcium 248 mg