This is one of the simplest, tastiest dishes and I always rely on it for a quick, light, healthy and impressive meal. Paired with veggies and a grain, this simple cod dish fills you up without weighing you down! While low in calories and carbohydrates, this dish provides ample protein, healthy, monounsaturated fat and vitamin C. Craving a summer fish sandwich? Skip the fried stuff and add a whole grain bun with a thin layer of aioli to this fish fillet for a more substantial bite.
Ingredients (serves 2):
12 oz cod fillet (two 6-oz fillets)
1 Tbsp olive oil
dash ground black pepper
dash cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray casserole dish with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Place fish fillets in casserole dish and drizzle olive oil over fish. Evenly distribute spices over fish.
3. Cut one lemon in half and remove any pits. Squeeze the juice from each half over fish fillets, allowing extra juice to puddle in the casserole dish.
4. Cut the remaining lemon into slices and remove any pits. Place lemon slices over the fish.
5. Bake fish until cooked through (about 25-30 minutes). Fish should be white, flakey and reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 252 calories, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 94 mg, Carbohydrates 5 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 39 g, Sodium 211, Calcium 28 mg