Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chewy oatmeal cookies are the perfect holiday cookie – no one would even guess that they are filled with fiber and boast more protein than the average cookie! Using rolled oats, Greek yogurt, dark chocolate and ground cinnamon, these cookies offer wholesome goodness that taste good, too!
Ingredients (yields ~ 20 cookies)
1 1/2 C rolled oats
1 C whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 C dark brown sugar
1/4 C honey
1 large egg plus 1 large egg white, scrambled
2 Tbsp plain 0% Greek yogurt
1/4 C dark chocolate chips (try to look for at least 72% cocoa)
2 Tbsp 1% (low fat) milk
2 Tbsp water
Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl (oats, flour, baking powder, spices, brown sugar).
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate medium bowl (honey, eggs, yogurt, milk, water).
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients in the larger mixing bowl. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray (you will need two baking sheets).
- Scoop batter into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter, roll each ball in your hands and place on baking sheet. Press down on each ball to form a cookie shape (batter is slightly liquid-y, so the cookies may naturally take this shape)
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are browned and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center of the cookie. Enjoy!
*store in an airtight container to preserve freshness
*these cookies are extra amazing when warmed slightly in the microwave – just don’t overdo it!
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories 136 calories, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 18 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 69 mg, Calcium 37 mg