Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Zucchini and Basil
Vegetables are actually the shining star of this flavorful chicken dish! This dish boast almost 40 grams of protein per serving with only 12 grams of carbs, along with a plate full of lycopene and vitamin C. I like to prepare this dish on a Sunday night and have leftovers for the busy week – although it is also a beautiful presentation for company.
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 4-ounce chicken breasts
1 C sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
1 1/2 C mushrooms, chopped
1 large zucchini
2 cloves garlic
4 Tbsp chopped basil
1/4 C olive oil
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop zucchini. Cut sundered tomatoes so that the pieces are still fairly large. Chop garlic. Set aside.
3. Spray 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Place chicken in casserole dish and drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil over chicken. Top chicken with salt, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (the chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Pour remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil in large saucepan and warm over medium heat. Add mushrooms and zucchini and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chopped garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and remaining 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and cook for another 5. minutes. Add chopped basil and stir. Remove saucepan from heat.
5. Remove chicken from oven and pour saucepan contents over chicken. Enjoy!
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 366 calories, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Cholesterol 96 mg, Carbohydrates 12 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 39 g, Sodium 414 mg, Calcium 54 mg