On the go or right at home, this recipe is a breakfast MUST! This breakfast burrito takes less than 15 minutes to make and can be wrapped up to eat once at your desk, or it can be enjoyed steaming hot – right off the stove. This is a tasty, satiating breakfast that offers up some great nutrition to fuel your body for the day! I recommend using whole eggs, since most of the nutrition is in the yolk (most scientific studies suggest that the cholesterol in eggs does little to affect cholesterol levels, but if you are concerned about cholesterol or calories, use egg whites instead). Feel good fueling up, knowing that you are supplying your body with folate, beta-carotene, vitamin C, fiber, protein and a ton of other nutrients to get your day going!
Ingredients (serves 1):
.5 oz low-fat feta, crumbled (approx 1 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp onions, chopped
1/2 C spinach, raw
2 eggs (or egg white equivalents)
1/2 small tomato
Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
1 whole wheat or multigrain tortilla (approx 6 inches in diameter)
Dash ground black pepper
1. Spray small skillet with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Warm skillet on medium heat.
2. Crack 2 eggs (or pour egg whites into bowl). Scramble with fork or whisk. Set aside.
3. Chop onions. Place in skillet. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes, until translucent and slightly browned. Stir occasionally with spatula.
4. Chop tomato. Add to skillet.
5. Add spinach to skillet. Cook until wilted, approximately 2 minutes. Stir occasionally with spatula.
6. Pour scrambled eggs into skillet. Allow to cook until dry, stirring occasionally with spatula (approximately 7 minutes.
7. Add feta cheese. Cook for 1 minute, until cheese is slightly melted and warmed. While cheese is warming, place tortilla on microwavable-safe plate and warm in microwave (approximately 20-30 seconds).
8. Transfer skillet contents to center of tortilla. Fold in opposite sides of tortilla to wrap up and slice in half. Enjoy!
*If you are on the go, wrap up the breakfast burrito in tin foil to keep hot and consume as soon as possible.
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
*note: nutritional analysis uses 2 large eggs (not egg whites)
Calories 275 calories, Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 376 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 9 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 20 g, Sodium 593 mg, Calcium 162 mg
3 thoughts on “Wrap Up Some Good Nutrition for Breakfast With This Healthy Breakfast Burrito!”
looks really good! my husband would love that for breakfast!
it is so good