Enjoy waking up to this hearty breakfast! A perfect start to your day that is packed with fiber, protein and tons of vitamins and minerals! For extra antioxidants, enjoy with a steaming hot mug of green tea – Good morning!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Granola Pancakes with Fruit Topping
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 large egg, beaten
1 C low-fat buttermilk
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 C granola (try making your own, if you’re up to it!)
1/4 C blueberries
2 1/2 C mixed berries, set aside (blackberries, strawberries, blueberries – or choose your favorite!)
1/4 C cane sugar
Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Whisk whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda in large mixing bowl
2. Combine wet ingredients (egg, buttermilk and honey) in separate bowl
3. Combine wet and dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl
4. Add granola and 1/4 C blueberries to batter
5. Place small pot on stove and warm over medium heat. Add 2 1/2 C mixed berries and the cane sugar. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce to low heat and allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. While berry topping is cooking, spray large skillet with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Place batter on skillet in 1/4 – 1/2 C portions (depends on how small or large you prefer your pancakes!) *Note: one serving is either two 1/4 C portions or one 1/2 C portion.
7. Cook batter until edges are browned (about 5 minutes)
8. Flip pancakes and cook on opposite side another 3-5 minutes, or until browned
9. Place pancakes on plate and top with 1/4 C fruit topping. Serve.
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 312 calories, Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 49 mg, Carbohydrates 58 g, Fiber 8 g, Sugar 24 g, Protein 9 g, Calcium 169 mg, Sodium 419 mg,