Parmesan Crusted Halibut
*note: feel free to substitute with any other whitefish (cod, tilapia, sea bass, etc.)
Fuel up with this healthy fish dish – filled with protein and parmesan crusted goodness! Whole wheat breadcrumbs add more fiber than traditional breadcrumbs, while also offering a satisfying crunch! Halibut, sea bass and other similar fish offer a ton of protein for few calories, which helps to keep you feeling full -nothing fishy about this healthy dish! Serve with a veggie side dish, such as oven roasted asparagus, to round out the meal and fuel up with fiber, protein and healthy fats!
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 lb (16 oz) halibut (or other whitefish)
1/4 C whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place fish in casserole dish. Drizzle olive oil over fish.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, black pepper and paprika in small bowl. Cover fish with seasoned breadcrumbs.
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over fish.
5. Bake in oven until cooked through – about 25-30 minutes. Fish should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees and should be flakey. Serve hot.
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories 186 calories, Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 38 mg, Carbohydrates 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 26 g, Sodium 105 mg, Calcium 82 mg