Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Cinnamon
Forget the marshmallows- these sweet potatoes are sweet, tasty, aromatic and straight-up comfort food, sans grease! These baked sweet potato fries are naturally sweet and flavored with cinnamon to enhance the taste of this fall favorite! Sweet potatoes offer a ton of beta-carotene, a precursor form of vitamin A, along with fiber and a creamy taste, while being naturally low in fat! Instead of baked yams with butter and marshmallows, relish the real flavor of these potatoes without all of the extra calories!
Ingredients (serves 4):
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash sweet potatoes well. Dry with paper towel (the skin is included in this recipe).
3. Slice sweet potatoes in half. Cut each half into strips (approximately 1/2 in thick, or to desired thickness).
4. Spray baking sheet or casserole dish with cookin spray. Place sweet potato strips on baking sheet/in casserole dish.
5. Drizzle oil over sliced sweet potatoes. Add salt, pepper and cinnamon. Mix well and arrange in thin, single layer.
6. Bake for 45 minutes- 1 hour (depending on desired crunchiness), mixing every 15 minutes. Fries should be soft and slighty crunchy. Serve hot.
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 151 calories, Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 60 mg, Carbohydrates 12 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 1 g, Calcium 29 mg.