Roasted Potatoes and Onions
This healthier twist on home fries is simple to make and tastes every bit like comfort food! Potatoes are a great source of fiber, potassium and the skin contains a ton of nutrients! Enjoy this side dish as a snack, or paired with a lean protein (I love eating this with grilled chicken) to round out dinner! The best part? Leftovers taste amazing with eggs the next morning!
Ingredients (serves 3)
5 small (2″ diameter) yukon gold potatoes (red potatoes also work!)
1 small onion, chopped
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
dash salt (to taste)
dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes. Dry thoroughly with paper towel. Chop into eighths.
3. Spray casserole dish with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray. Add potatoes.
4. Add chopped onions and olive oil. Mix.
5. Add spices. Mix.
6. Bake in oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour, mixing every 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 301 calories, Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 49 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 70 mg, Calcium 38 mg