Homemade Chicken Chili
This chili recipe takes less than hour to make and is packed with protein and fiber to keep you feeling full. This spicy dish is the perfect, cozy, winter dinner – I like to double the recipe on a lazy Sunday so that I have extra for the busy week ahead. This is also delicious with my homemade guacamole!
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 lb ground chicken breast
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 C chicken stock
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp chipotle powder
1/2 tsp oregano
- Warm 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken and season with ground black pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer chicken into a large bowl and set aside. Warm remaining olive oil in the pot and add onion and pepper. Sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken and sauté another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken and vegetables are slightly browned.
- Pat beans dry and add to pot. Add broth and spices (cumin, chili powder, chipotle, oregano and remaining salt) and stir all ingredients together.
- Raise to high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and leave lid slightly off balance. Allow chili to boil for about 5 minutes, then lower to medium heat and cook for another 10-15 minutes, allowing chili to thicken. Enjoy!
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Calories 353 calories, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 19 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 26 g, Sodium 476 mg, Calcium 47 mg