Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip
This hearty dip is a winter favorite, especially for entertaining around the holiday season. Unfortunately, this dip (traditionally made with mayonnaise and loaded with cheese and salt) can ruin your New Year’s resolutions before they even start! I slimmed down the traditional creamy dip and pumped up the protein by using low-fat Greek yogurt, minimizing cheese and salt content and keeping the ingredients simple. This way, you can step into the New Year with your skinny jeans – and your favorite dip!
Ingredients (serves 6):
1 1/2 C 2% fat Greek yogurt
3/4 C fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 C frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
12 oz canned artichoke heart, drained
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Squeeze out excess water from thawed spinach and drained artichoke hearts (using paper towel or a dish towel) so that the vegetables are no longer wet.
3. Add Greek yogurt and flour to a large mixing bowl and mix until well-combined. This prevents the Greek yogurt from curdling.
4. Chop the artichoke hearts into small pieces and add artichoke hearts, spinach, spices (paprika, garlic powder and salt) and 1/2 C parmesan cheese to mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Sprinkle remainder 1/4 C parmesan cheese on top and bake in oven until the top is browned and the dip is hot through the center, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve hot with pita chips, brea, or veggies and enjoy!
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
Calories 148 calories, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 18 mg, Carbohydrates 12 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium 610 mg, Calcium 225 mg