Dark Chocolate Bark with Goji Berries, Roasted Walnuts and White Chocolate Drizzle
This dessert was a huge hit at my Thanksgiving day table – and for good reason! Dark chocolate and goji berries offer a ton of antioxidants, while walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, which may decrease inflammation. Enjoy this sweet treat now, or store in the fridge or freezer and enjoy it weeks later.
Ingredients (serves 20):
12 oz dark chocolate (try to find one that is at least 72% cocoa)
3 oz white chocolate
1 1/4 C walnut halves, unsalted
1/4 C goji berries, plus 2 Tbsp
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spread walnuts in an even layer. Bake in oven about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chop walnuts into small pieces once cooled.
3. Place a glass bowl over a medium-sized pot of boiling water. Add dark chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Add walnuts and 1/4 C goji berries to melted dark chocolate and mix ingredients until well-combined.
5. Remove aluminum foil from baking sheet and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour chocolate mixture over parchment paper and spread into thin, even layer with a spatula.
6. Place a small glass bowl over a small-sized pot of boiling water. Add white chocolate and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
7. Use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate over dark chocolate and gently flick the spoon to create small, thin lines. Sprinkle salt over chocolate.
8. Place bark in refrigerator on baking sheet and chill until bark is solid (about 1 hour). You can leave the bark in the refrigerator overnight if needed.
9. Remove the bark and use your hands to break up the chocolate into small pieces so that is resembles a chocolate break-up. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within a couple of weeks!
The Goods: What’s Inside?
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories 176 calories, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Carbohydrates 14 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 29 mg, Calcium 36 mg